Thursday, March 13, 2008

Malaysia Decided 2008 - A New Hope


March 8th 2008 was the day I voted for the second time in the general election as a Malaysian. Waited anxiously for the result during the evening, have myself logged on to Malaysiakini website and the TV news on at the same time. The local news media on TV were a dissappointing lot!! Not updating us citizens quick enough, making biased reports and carried out "chicken style" reporting, in fear that it will caused nationwide panic. Thanks to Malaysiakini for their live updates. By almost 4am of the 9th, it was confirmed that the Opps have denied BN 2/3 majority in Parliament, and also gained control on 5 states!! What a fantastic result, after weeks of hearing gossips at the streets, reading blogs and campaigns on the net and laughing at BN's propaganda being posted widely on the local media. I was indeed proven wrong on my previous blog "Desperate BN". Yes, they were somewhat desperate in saving some of themselves during vote count. The postal votes could have retained some of the familiar faces, but not enough to save some of the key figures, like....you know who lar!! Anyways, congrats to the Opps for the surprise and may your state governance be gracious one! As for BN, congrats to you as well, for still being our federal government. Lets see what comedies you have installed for us for the next 4-5 years!

1 comment:

FiG said...

Y'know, I really regret I wasn't in KL to cast my vote! I would've been proud to be have contributed to the unexpected outcome. But now I hear the stoopid fellas running the "govt" are trying other tricks on the opposition at the Rakyat's costs. Bloody idiots, bloody thugs! But dude, I'm the first to admit I'll miss ol' Samy's antics.